A Shaving Soap Experience
Shaving Soap of the Gods
“Into the Woods”
Through the eyes of: Tom More!
Description of Shaving Soap Scent:
The smell of the Adirondack Mountains. Predominantly pine, with hints of leafy birch and maple, the smell of a far-off campfire burning, the fresh earth from the forest floor, the cool breeze (Menthol) blowing in from the lake.
Notes of Pine, Maple Wood Smoke, Sweet Birch, saim wood, Undertones of Grass, Juniper, Sea Moss and Honey.
Van Yulay has made a shaving soap that is luxurious with butters of Kokum & Cocoa that give the shaving experience over the top. Shaving with quality clay of Kaolin with give you that glide in your BBS shave.
Description of Shaving Soap:
Van Yulay’s makes a croap shaving soap. It is not a cream nor a hard puck. It is in between soft & hard.
Van Yulay whips up into a yogurt like cream lather in just a few minutes. Enjoy a rich and creamy protective lather with skin protective loaded with enriched vitamins and amino acids. We make each soap with your skin in mind. Ph balanced to have a smooth and irritation free shave. Each soap is piped in beautifully in an 8 oz. container.
How to use:
Soak your shave brush in a bowl or cup filled with hot water for a few minutes before your shave. Apply a warm, damp towel to your face (or splash face with warm water) to prep your face for shaving. Apply another hot towel to your face for a few seconds. After the brush has soaked, gently squeeze out excess water, still leaving the brush mostly wet. Apply the brush to the soap in fast, repeated circular motions to coat the brush bristles well. Shave and rinse face thoroughly with cool water. For an optimal experience, finish with Van Yulay After Shave Splash then followed with your After-Shave Balm by Van Yulay.
Shaving Soap Contents:
- Tallow – has been used as an effective skincare ingredient for centuries! As your skin need all vitamins to replenish the daily lives, tallow has Vitamin A, D, E and K, as well as Omega – fatty acids.
- Emu Oil – contains high levels of polyunsaturated fatty acids, therefore it is able to easily penetrate the skin’s barriers for deep moisturization. When compared to other types of oil, emu oil had 2-4 times greater penetration of the skin. These effects show that emu oil is able to moisturize and rejuvenate the skin extremely effectively.
- Silk Amino Acids – is a unique silk peptide and one of the best at reducing fine lines and other signs of aging. Keeping moisture locked in and harsh conditions out, leaving skin protected and well-nourished.
- Babassu Oil is an antioxidant and will help destroy the free radicals that cause premature aging and cancer. The oil is naturally anti-inflammatory and is often used to treat skin conditions such as eczema.
- Coconut Fatty Acid – excellent lathering and conditioning when used in shave soap.
- Bentonite Clay – Gives an extra creaminess and silkiness to the shave soap. Generally, white clay’s natural absorbing, detoxifying and exfoliating properties makes it an indispensable ingredient in shaving products.
Shaving Soap Ingredients:
Made with Stearic Acid, Coconut Fatty Acid, Palm Stearic, Castor, Glycerin, Potassium& Sodium Hydroxide, Aloe Vera, Coconut-Tallow-Lanolin-Babassu-Manteca-Argan-Emu Oils- Shea & Kokum-Butters, Sodium Lactate, Calendula, Extracts, Poly Quats, Allantoin, Silica, Bentonite & Kaolin Clay, Menthol, and Fragrance.
Into the Woods combines Pine, smoke, wood, moss, grass and menthol to create to my nose a very distinctly masculine cologne-ish scent. It would make a lovely aftershave or cologne.
Performance of the soap is outstanding, which is a standard feature of Van Yulay soaps.
If you are looking for a Pney, woody, mossy type fragrance, Into the Woods delivers.