Shaving Soap of the Gods
A Shaving Soap Experience
Description of Shaving Soap Scent:
This fragrance is all about exotic spices – Allspice, Capers, Cloves, Nutmeg and mix with Crushed Orange, Crisp Pine Needles and just a touch of Patchouli and Vanilla to add a deep base note for staying power.
Description of Shaving Soap:
Van Yulay’s makes a croap shaving soap. It is not a cream nor a hard puck. It is in between soft & hard.
Van Yulay whips up into a yogurt like cream lather in just a few minutes. Enjoy a rich and creamy protective lather with skin protective loaded with enriched vitamins and amino acids. We make each soap with your skin in mind. Ph balanced to have a smooth and irritation free shave. Each soap is piped in beautifully in an 8 oz. container.
How to use:
Soak your shave brush in a bowl or cup filled with hot water for a few minutes before your shave. Apply a warm, damp towel to your face (or splash face with warm water) to prep your face for shaving. Apply another hot towel to your face for a few seconds. After the brush has soaked, gently squeeze out excess water, still leaving the brush mostly wet. Apply the brush to the soap in fast, repeated circular motions to coat the brush bristles well. Shave and rinse face thoroughly with cool water. For an optimal experience, finish with Van Yulay After Shave Splash then followed with your After-Shave Balm by Van Yulay.
Shaving Soap Contents:
- Tallow – has been used as an effective skincare ingredient for centuries! As your skin need all vitamins to replenish the daily lives, tallow has Vitamin A, D, E and K, as well as Omega – fatty acids.
- Emu Oil – contains high levels of polyunsaturated fatty acids, therefore it is able to easily penetrate the skin’s barriers for deep moisturization. When compared to other types of oil, emu oil had 2-4 times greater penetration of the skin. These effects show that emu oil is able to moisturize and rejuvenate the skin extremely effectively.
- Silk Amino Acids – This silk forms a natural layer over the skin, keeping moisture locked in and harsh conditions out, leaving skin protected and well-nourished.
- Babassu Oil is an antioxidant and will help destroy the free radicals that cause premature aging and cancer. The oil is naturally anti-inflammatory and is often used to treat skin conditions such as eczema.
- Coconut Fatty Acid – excellent lathering and conditioning when used in shave soap.
- Bentonite Clay – Gives an extra creaminess and silkiness to the shave soap. Generally, white clay’s natural absorbing, detoxifying and exfoliating properties makes it an indispensable ingredient in shaving products.
- Silk Amino Acid is a unique silk peptide and one of the best at reducing fine lines and other signs of aging. Aside from the amazing texture of silk extracts, silk amino acids contain properties which allow it to rejuvenate skin tone, reduce wrinkles and hydrate your skin tissues to protect from free radicals.
Shaving Soap Ingredients:
Made with Stearic Acid, Coconut Fatty Acid, Palm Stearic, Castor, Glycerin, Potassium & Sodium Hydroxide, Aloe Vera, Coconut-Tallow-Lanolin-Babassu-Manteca-Argan-Emu Oils- Shea & Kokum-Butters, Sodium Lactate, Calendula, Extracts, Poly Quats, Allantoin, Silica, Bentonite & Kaolin Clay, and Fragrance.
This by far is my favorite bay rum soaps. Not only does it smell real, I get awesome shaves with it. In would highly recommend this soap if your wanting to try bay rum…. There’s more rum then bay in it and the smell is sweet and nice… 10/10
Bay rum at its finest. Incredible lasting scent and wonderful lather. I shave with a straight razor and NO irritating after burn. A must have in your stable.
Great Bay Rum Shaving Soap! Love the smell, Bowl lathers easy with our hard water here in Illinois. Plenty of slip with this soap no nicks. Face feels great even hours after the shave. This soap pairs great with the Bay Rum After Shave Splash! Get you some!
Bay Rum is awesome, and smells so good. It whips up an incredible amount of lather, I Just absolutely love it, and cannot wait to re-order! Thanks Van yulay.
This soap is so awesome, absolutely wonderful smelling scent! Definitely a must have!
Wayne Scace –
Recently, I had the chance to purchase some samples of Van Yulay Shave soaps. I chose to go with sample size so I could try out more scents and find what I like without plonking down a lot of money and possibly end up with scents that I detest and would then have to find a way to pass them along. One of the scents that I chose was Bay Rum because the second shave soap that I ever bought was a Bay Rum and it is, I thought anyway, a known quantity. Boy was I wrong!
When I opened the container, the scent felt a bit faint. However, after I scooped some out and wet it in the bowl and went to work making a lather. The complex scent became stronger. Not a punch in the nose, but more of a pleasant “Gibbs’ Slap” to the nose that woke me up. The soap lathered easily, was quite slick and had plenty of cushion as I shaved both my face and my head. Ms. Monica did a fantastic job with this scent. I look forward to shaving with the other samples that I bought.
Every artisan worth their salt has their own spin on Bay Rum, Ms. Monica knocks this one out of the park!