Tallow & Emu Oil
Shaving Soap of the Gods – A Shaving Soap Experience
Through the eyes of: Blaine Mire!
Description of Shaving Soap Scent:
A very unique scent with blackberry, cognac, suede, musk, Canadian balsam, Mexican chocolate, woodsy notes, Tonka bean, amber and leather. This is scent is like the Keith Urban type fragrance cologne
Description of Shaving Soap:
Van Yulay’s makes a croap shaving soap. It is not a cream nor a hard puck. It is in between soft & hard.
Van Yulay whips up into a yogurt like cream lather in just a few minutes. Enjoy a rich and creamy protective lather with skin protective loaded with enriched vitamins and amino acids. We make each soap with your skin in mind. Ph balanced to have a smooth and irritation free shave. Each soap is piped in beautifully in an 8 oz. container.
How to use:
Soak your shave brush in a bowl or cup filled with hot water for a few minutes before your shave. Apply a warm, damp towel to your face (or splash face with warm water) to prep your face for shaving. Apply another hot towel to your face for a few seconds. After the brush has soaked, gently squeeze out excess water, still leaving the brush mostly wet. Apply the brush to the soap in fast, repeated circular motions to coat the brush bristles well. Shave and rinse face thoroughly with cool water. For an optimal experience, finish with Van Yulay After Shave Splash then followed with your After-Shave Balm by Van Yulay.
Shaving Soap Contents:
- Tallow – has been used as an effective skincare ingredient for centuries! As your skin need all vitamins to replenish the daily lives, tallow has Vitamin A, D, E and K, as well as Omega – fatty acids.
- Emu Oil – contains high levels of polyunsaturated fatty acids, therefore it is able to easily penetrate the skin’s barriers for deep moisturization. When compared to other types of oil, emu oil had 2-4 times greater penetration of the skin. These effects show that emu oil is able to moisturize and rejuvenate the skin extremely effectively.
- Silk Amino Acids – This silk forms a natural layer over the skin, keeping moisture locked in and harsh conditions out, leaving skin protected and well-nourished.
- Babassu Oil is an antioxidant and will help destroy the free radicals that cause premature aging and cancer. The oil is naturally anti-inflammatory and is often used to treat skin conditions such as eczema.
- Coconut Fatty Acid – excellent lathering and conditioning when used in shave soap.
- Bentonite Clay – Gives an extra creaminess and silkiness to the shave soap. Generally, white clay’s natural absorbing, detoxifying and exfoliating properties makes it an indispensable ingredient in shaving products.
- Silk Amino Acid is a unique silk peptide and one of the best at reducing fine lines and other signs of aging. Aside from the amazing texture of silk extracts, silk amino acids contain properties which allow it to rejuvenate skin tone, reduce wrinkles and hydrate your skin tissues to protect from free radicals.
Shaving Soap Ingredients:
Made with Stearic Acid, Coconut Fatty Acid, Palm Stearic, Castor, Glycerin, Potassium& Sodium Hydroxide, Aloe Vera, Coconut-Tallow-Lanolin-Babassu-Manteca-Argan-Emu Oils- Shea & Kokum-Butters, Sodium Lactate, Calendula, Extracts, Poly Quats, Allantoin, Silica, Bentonite & Kaolin Clay, and Fragrance.
As a straight razor shaver, I have a requirement for a perfect glide in my soaps. Yes scent and lather are big BUT if the soaps to thin or too thick i find it more difficult to shave. I have been fortunate enough to have used many Van Yulay soaps. They have all performed perfectly, Easy to whip up a huge lather in my bowl. To me shaving is a ritual.and if one thing doesn’t work its not good.
From Van Yulay pre shave oil, Soap, Balm and after shave splashes I always get a perfect scent balance, and performance and an all day fresh smell .
Curtis George –
Van Yulay – Bacchus Shaving Soap Review
This scent is part of the Van Yula “Soap of the Gods” line. I shaved exclusively with this soap for a week using different techniques as well as a boar, badger, and a synthetic brush before writing this review.
Van Yulay’s vegan shaving soap is made from very high quality ingredients. It is made with Stearic Acid, Aloe Vera, Coconut Fatty Acid, Glycerin, Coconut-Castor-Olive-Oils, Cocoa Butter, Calendula, Extracts, Poly Quats, Sodium Lactate, BTMS, Allantoin, Silica, Kaolin Clay, and Fragrance.
I would describe the scent as a good copy of the Keith Urban cologne. It has a complicated scent profile, which includes blackberry, cognac, suede, musk, Canadian balsam, Mexican chocolate, woodsy notes, Tonka bean, amber and leather. The scent is nice and strong but not overpowering. After a short time the chocolate scent comes through and later fades to a smooth leather scent at the end.
The 4 ounces of shaving soap comes in a nice 8 ounce container that gives you more then enough room to load right in the jar. The soap is soft and does like a good bit of water while building a thick rich lather.
The following are my recommendations: 1) Bloom the puck by pinching a small amount into a shave bowl, rather then loading in the container. 2) Initially add approximately two tablespoons of hot water to your shaving bowl when whipping up your lather with your brush. 3) I suggest using a boar or synthetic brush, that holds water and lather adequately, for best results. I did not have as good of results with a badger brush.
This soap really lathers well once you figure out the right combination of water to soap and the proper brush. It is certainly a soap for the more experienced wet shaver who recognizes the importance of quality ingredients and and knows how to use a sophisticated soap such as this.
Considering the quality of the ingredients it is hard to believe this soap only sells for $14.74 for a four ounce puck in a nice plastic container.
Scent – 5 out of 5 stars (Outstanding)
Lather – 4.5 out of 5 stars (Very Good)
Slickness – 4.5 out of 5 stars (Very Good)
Post Shave – 4.5 out of 5 stars (Very Good)
Stephen DeLorme –
This shaving soap is definitely for the cowboy in you. Hearty, rugged, yet not over powering. Great lather and leaves your face with a smooth feeling that will allow for a second pass in the same spot without a reapplying. I would suggest this soap to anyone looking for a something rugged and masculine. – Stephen
scott frazier –
nice rugged scent